Saturday, November 7, 2009

Self Analysis Post

Yes, unfortunately the time has come where the blogging process must come to an end. However, it is a good thing that I was able to grow from this process and it has not only made me a better writer but a better thinker. I started of my blog posts by trying to define clearly what euthanasia was and express my feelings on it morality. Upon choosing the topic I will admit that I had a very small amount of knowledge about euthanasia, but this knowledge grew as my argument developed on my blog. Through deductive reasoning my blog posts went from being focused on both passive and active euthanasia, to the focus being active euthanasia.

Obviously with my topic being active euthanasia, it typically deals with older terminally ill patients. I felt it was essential to increase my knowledge of the last stages of life. This helped me to broaden my perspective and look at the entire matter. I was then able to give my readers a broader perspective of the topic. Also, since I was opposing active euthanasia I had to provide an alternative to make the lives of terminally ill patients better. I proposed that increased funding for hospice and an increase knowledge/use of palliative care would benefit the lives of those persons contemplating euthanasia.

Being new to the entire blogging experience it was hard to get my information together and relay it as something that my classmates and others would want to read about. I tried to make my posts as clear as possible. When my readers seemed to be confused about something, I strived to clarify in the best way that I could. One example of this is my post entitled “Clarification” which cleared up the difference between a do not resuscitate order and euthanasia. My rhetoric has improved by means of my appeal to my audience, being an unbiased and knowledgeable speaker, and the control of my topic. Even thought my audience (mostly my fellow classmates) may not be able to relate to the feelings of euthanasia, I think that through my blogs they were able to put themselves in the shoes of a terminally ill person and comment as to how they would feel if they were in a similar situation. My blog on the study of family’s reactions to euthanasia was also a step towards helping my reader’s empathize with these families. Another effort that I took to make my reader’s relate to my topic is writing about how legalized euthanasia would have an effect on society . My un-biased tone could be viewed in my post entitled “un-biased” I explored the reasons as to why active euthanasia could be seen as an act of mercy. The goal of this post was to have my readers who were pro-active euthanasia respect my thoughts because I in return respect theirs.

Overall this blogging process has had a positive impact on my academia. I have never had to work at making others read what I have written due to the fact that papers are always graded by my professor. This process has given me an entire new insight into euthanasia, proposing an argument, and backing up this argument.

1 comment:

  1. I had to provide an alternative to make the lives of terminally ill patients better. Respite Care

    ReplyDelete